I think when it comes to summer fruit desserts are the best. When the air is warm, all you want to eat is something refreshing. Pineapple is one of the refreshing food that best eaten in the summer because it contains so much water in the fruit.
You can find pineapple everywhere, if you can’t get fresh pineapple, you can get the canned ones. And it’s not a strange fruit anymore. You can do pretty much anything with it. Eat it raw, canned, juice, jam, etc.
I grew up in Indonesia, you can pretty much plant pineapple anywhere you want. Just cut the head and plant it. You’ll have your own pineapple in 30 months I know it’s long time, but for some reasons I’m always obsessed with DYI things, including plating vegetables and fruits. I don’t like to take care of flowers that only look pretty. I prefer to plant something that will give me something. Habit
- 1/2 cup caramel
- 1 ripe pineapple, cored, sliced
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pour the hot caramel to your baking pan. And place the pineapples on top of the caramel. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 170 C.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy and pale.
- Add 1 egg at a time until incorporated.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract. Mix.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter to the pan. You should do it gently, so the pineapples won’t be messy.
- Bake it in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top has nice golden brown colour.
- After your cake is baked, let it rest for half an hour before you take it out from the mould.
note: I personally like this cake a lot. I like the sweet and sour from pineapple and not-so-sweet cake. Another recipe from Raiza. And sorry for the short post, I am soooo very tired today.