As I promised in the previous post (Vanilla brulee), I’ll be sharing my shortbread recipe with you today.
Shortbread is one of my favourite cookie. Well, everything I write here is my favourite :P, if I don’t like it then I won’t eat it, if I won’t eat it, why should I cook it? Make sense?
Anyway, I “met” shortbread for the first time in the UK. And there’s one brand that I like the most. A bit more expensive than other brand, but it definitely is my favourite. Just perfect.
My version of shortbread is really simple and easy. But you need to rest the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours. So it will be easier for you to cut it.
- 450g flour
- 220g corn flour
- 220g icing sugar
- 450g unsalted butter
- zest from 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Beat the butter until nice and smooth.
- Add all the ingredients to the butter, mix well.
- Take a plastic wrap, put some of the dough in the middle. Shape it into a long cylinder. Wrap and roll with plastic wrap tightly.
- Put it in the fridge until the dough is set and solid.
- To bake it, preheat you oven to 170 C.
- Prepare the baking tray with baking paper on it.
- Slice the shortbread dough into 0.5 cm thickness.
- Place them in the tray, and bake for 7 or 8 minutes. Cool them down.
- Store in airtight container and it will last up to 3 weeks.
Just a quick remainder, I’m doing a polling for my blog for a while now already. To know, what you want to see in my blog. If you haven’t vote, you can check it out and vote. I’ll close the polling this Sunday, 12th august. And if you interest in photography too, I suggest you to head over to my hubby’s blog