Aaaahhh… Finally friday.. Thanks God!
Very busy week for me. Had to stay in the school more now, because I really want to quickly finish the Swedish course *sigh*.
Anyway, I’m skipping school today (bad student! :P) because I’m feeling not so well. So I thought, maybe I should take care my blog a bit extra today? Why not posting another recipe?
As you can see here, just another normal and easy dinner I made for my family. The result is a very nice fish even though I baked it. And healthier for sure. We can call it a slightly healthier version if fish and chips, eh?
- 500g white fish file (your choice, I used cod)
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp lemon jiuce
- bread crumbs
- salt & pepper
- 750g red skin potatoes (or any type you like), cleaned and sliced
- 1 paprika, sliced
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- salt & pepper
- Rub the fish with lemon juice. Let it sit. Prepare your “crumbing” section. Add a pinch of salt into your flour and bread crumbs. Sprinkle some pepper on the fish.
- Dip the fish into the flour bowl, then into the beaten egg and finally the bread crumbs.
- Repeat the process.
- Place the breaded fish into a baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in 170° to 180° C.
- For the potatoes, put some oil in the large saute pan. Place potato sliced on the pan (we’re working in batches here, each slice has to touch the pan). With high heat, let the potato cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. After they have nice brown colour, transfer to an oven proof dish and place in the oven with low heat (so they stay warm while you cook the rest of the potatoes).
- Repeat the process (I think I did the potatoes in 4 or 5 batches, but I love the result).
- When all the potatoes are cooked, now add 1 tbsp oil into the pan. Saute the onion and paprika with salt and pepper. After the onion and paprika are cooked, now put back the potatoes into the pan and stir everything together.
- I served the fish with the potatoes, salad and bearnaise sauce.
And I also want to remind you about the giveaway. Only few days left before I close it. So check it out if you don’t want to miss it. Not a big giveaway but I still want to share a bit :)