Have I told you that I like Gordon Ramsay’s book World Kitchen? This recipe is one of them. The first time I heard about crepe suzette was when I was a trainee (for the very first time and part of my high school) in a hotel back in my home town and only 15 years old. It tasted sooo goooood… Many times I said (to everyone) that I don’t eat sweets that much, BUT, I do love desserts with fruits in it.
In my opinion, sweets with fruits as the filling or topping are the best. Making it light and fresh (the taste). That’s why most of the time, I’m the one who eats more that kind of sweet at home. Husband is not a big fan of fruit desserts.
What about you? Which one do you prefer for sweets / dessert? Something chocolate and creamy or fruity?
- 100g all purpose flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 300ml whole milk (I use low fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
for the orange syrup
- 2 oranges (juice and zest from 1)
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g unsalted butter
- a pinch of vanilla
- orange segments (optional)
- For the crepe: Place flour, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and beat well using balloon whisk until incorporated. Add milk slowly while keep mixing the matter. Lastly, add melted butter. Mix well. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a large non stick pan on a medium heat. Put some butter in it and take 1 ladle of crepe butter. Spread it all over the pan (be careful not to put too much batter). Cook for about 1 minute and then flip it over, and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Repeat the process until you finish all the batter.
- For the sauce: Place all the ingredients (except orange segments) in a sauce pan, let it comes to the boil while stirring occasionally. Take off from the heat and add the orange segments. Stir.
- To serve: Place a couple of crepes on to the plates, pour some sauce on top of the pancake. Serve warm.
Btw, I’m going for holiday this weekend for around 7 weeks in my hometown, Balikpapan. I’ll try to write some scheduled posts so you won’t miss me that much Hopefully I’ll be back with some more proper Indonesian foods. And I also want to say Happy Holiday to you guys! Have a good one! ♥ ^_^ ♥