Just to let you know that this isn’t food I made during my stay in my parents’ place. I made this before the holiday. I still need to wait for my poor food photos to be fixed by husband. In the meantime, I have some some recipes that I prepared before the holiday.
This salmon inspired by Master Chef Korea that I watched a while ago. When I see it, I feel like I have to give it a try. Having not much experience in cooking with rice paper, this is a good idea. And if you don’t like eating crispy fish skin (just like my husband), this is a nice and good substitute. It gives you that crispy and slightly chewy texture, just like fish skin.
Salmon in Crispy Rice Paper
- 200g salmon fillet
- rice paper
- lemon juice
- warm water
- salt & pepper
- Wash salmon and dry it well with kitchen paper.
- Rub some lemon juice all over the salmon. And then sprinkle salt and paper. Set aside.
- In a warm water, soak the rice paper for about 3 seconds.
- Put the salmon in the middle and wrap it tightly.
- To cook: Preheat a non stick pan with 3 tbsp olive oil. Put the salmon in the pan and let it cook until the rice paper turns slightly brown.
I served mine with roasted potatoes, carrots, courgette (zucchini) tomato and dill sauce. But you can serve it with anything you like.