note: Sorry to interrupt the posts from Eid celebration’s menu. I’m a bit too exhausted today, and only have this post ready.
I dunno if we should learn Indonesian or Swedish here. Well, we learn both then 😀
Swedish = orang Swedia (Indonesia) = Svensk (Swedish)
Meatballs = bola (ball) daging (meat) = köttbullar
I’m sure you’ve heard Swedish meatballs before, right? Mostly from IKEA :p
My self, I never heard about that food before I met my ex boyfriend a.k.a my husband. One day we walked and shopped in a grocery shop in Glasgow, UK. Then he pointed to a special fridge there and said “Look, they have Swedish meatballs here”. I didn’t know what he meant last time. I mean what’s so special about Swedish meatballs anyway? Well, apparently it’s quite famous. Thanks to IKEA for that 😀
So, several days ago I made the meatballs but with a little bit of twist (actually just want to use up stuffs I have in my fridge :p).
Here: 500 grams Minced beef, 1/2 onion, 1 egg, 1 pack feta, 2 tbsp AP flour, 1 tbsp potato flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Now you notice why I have 2 types of cheeses here. That’s because I wanted to make meatballs with feta, but then I found this almost expired mozzarella too, so I just use it up 😀
– Peeled and cubed potatoes in almost boiling water (for some reason it’s better to cook potato from cold water than boiling water).
– Mean while you can prepare the other vegetables (you can of course use any kind of vegetables you like). Set aside.
– Mix beef, onion, feta, egg, flour, salt, pepper, garlic.
– Make it flat, and put 1 piece of mozzarella in the middle. Shape it into a ball.
– Drain potato, and use the pot again to boil the vegetables.
– In a sauce pan, add 2 tbsp oil and put all the balls in it. Don’t wait until its hot, since the balls are quite big. Hot pan will burn the outside but uncooked inside.
– When the pan is getting hot, put the lid on, so it will steam the inside part too. Don’t forget to shake the pan or turn the balls too.
– In a small pot, put 25 grams butter and mushroom at the same time. After the butter melted, you can add the sauce powder and water.
– Serve hot.
Hope you like the recipe 🙂