Three weeks ago I decided to start a diet. Since my weight is still at the same number when I was pregnant, and it was freaking 15 months ago. Aaaaaaargh!!!
So when I went to a grocery shop, I bought some apples for my daily snack. Replacing my unhealthy snacks. Bought only 7 apples, 1 for each day. But I didn’t know why during the following week I didn’t really have any appetizing to munch between the meal time. And I already reduced my breakfast portion too. Happy day!
But at the end of the week, I have 7 apples untouched in the corner of my vegetables shelf in my fridge. Thinking what could I do with them, then this bright light (a.k.a idea) came. Apple pie! No wait, I didn’t have enough apple to make such thing, then I’m thinking again. Why not putting some strawberries in it? Is it weird? Apple and strawberries? Then I ran to my computer to make sure it’s not weird by asking Mr. Google. And there it was, lots and lots of recipes made from apple and strawberry. Yaaaaaaaay!!! And to make it even better, my daughter was in the daycare, so I could make everything in the morning then bake it when my husband is about to get home from work 🙂
This time, we can’t really take a look at the picture of the ingredients. Since I was in a hurry that time.
I still can tell you the ingredients though. Lets check it!
7 medium size green apples (peeled)
250 grams strawberries (cut into 1/4 pieces)
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
30 grams butter
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla essence
– Cut apples into around 1 cm cube.
– In a preheat pot, add butter, wait until it melts then add apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla essence.
– Let the apple half cooked and add chopped strawberries.
– Turn off the heat, and keep stirring until everything mixed well. Cool it down.
200 grams butter
500 grams AP flour
200 grams icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
– With hands or standing mixer, mix butter and sugar until smooth.
– Add eggs, mix well.
– Add vanilla essence.
– Add flour.
– Rest it in a fridge for at least 30 minutes before you use it.
– Preheat oven to 175 C
– Roll the dough until the thickness you desire, and cover pie form with it.
– Make holes in the dough, rest for another 10 minutes in the fridge. Bake for 10 minutes.
– Fill the half cooked dough with the filling.
– Roll another dough for the lid.
– Bake for 15 to 20 minutes (until light brown).
– Serve warm with vanilla custard or ice cream.
Enjoy and happy baking! 🙂