Me and my husband like to try food from all over the world. But we like mostly from Korea and Japan. And this is the first time I made this, but I saw this in one of Nigella Lawson’s video. I love her and her food. Very simple and easy to follow. I’ve tried several recipes from her as well. The results was satisfying (at least that’s what people told me :p)
This food is really simple and quick, unfortunately we need quite a lot of ingredients here. And most of them you have to buy from Asian shop. Lets take a look at them…
100 grams sliced button mushroom
2 spring onions
200 grams canned baby corn
200 grams sliced carrots
5 chicken sausages (optional)
1 thinly sliced onion
500 grams white squid (cut them around 0.5 cm thick)
1 tbsp hot pepper paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
2 cloves of garlic (fine chopped)
– Mix all ingredients for sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
– Saute onion, mushroom, carrots in a hot pan. Add a little bit of water, and put the lid on. Let them cook for about 3 minutes.
– Add in squid, sausage, spring onion and baby corn. Wait until the squid starting to curl then you can add the sauce.
– Cook until the squid is tender.
– Can sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top.
note: this hot pepper paste already salty, that’s why I didn’t add salt in the food. But again, back to your own personal taste, you still can add salt, pepper or sugar.