Inspired by a video in youtube in 1 of my favourite channel. This supposed to be cream caramel or custard pudding or caramel pudding. I don’t know. But it looked nice, so I gave it a try. Very little ingredients you need for this. And also very simple way to make caramelized pineapple.
Ingredients for pudding:
250 ml milk
5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
– Get a steamer ready (big sauce pan with kitchen towel in it, and make sure the water is at least half of the mould size, almost like bain marie) and greased the moulds with cooking spray or butter.
– Bring milk and sugar almost to boil.
– Mix eggs and vanilla sugar with hand whisk.
– Pour milk mixture to egg mix.
– Strain the mixture with fine strainer to get rid of the lumps.
– Pour the mix into the moulds, then cover each mould with aluminium foil.
– Put them into the steamer. Let it cook for about 20 to 30 minutes over low heat. Make sure the water won’t boil or it will ruin the texture of the pudding.
– Cool it down before you serve it.
Easy Caramelized Pineapple
– Maple syrup
– Reduced maple syrup in a big pan, add pineapple and let it cook a bit for around 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and it will still cook the pineapple.
I found the taste is really nice, not as sweet as if you use normal sugar. And its very easy too, since sometimes its a bit tricky to make caramel. Most people always get the burn taste. So maple syrup is a good substitute.