Sweet and sour is one of my favourite dish. Every time we’re eating out in Asian restaurant, I never forget about it. No matter if its chicken, prawn or fish. I just love it 😀
Usually I just mix everything in the sauce, but this time I want to try something else. I want to try to make the balls like they have in restaurant. And I did it! (almost :p) I just need to shape it better *another excuse* 😀
My girl has learnt the value of food. When I gave this to her for her dinner, she picked all the prawns from the flour balls. Leaving empty pocket flours on the floor and only eat the prawns :p Even though her teeth almost complete but usually she hates chewing, especially something like prawn that is a bit chewy. But hey, I’m happy that she wants to start chewing and eat more foods 🙂
For this recipe, you’ll need
300 g prawns
3 tbsp tapioca flour for coating
100 g flour
30 g potato flour
1 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp milk
– Clean prawns and dry with kitchen paper.
– In a freezer bag, put 3 tbsp tapioca flour and prawns in it. Shake it so all the prawns coated well.
– In a bowl mix the rest of ingredients. Then you can out the prawns in it.
– Deep fry in 170 deg C oil.
Sweet and sour sauce (my style):
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp tomato paste
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp corn flour + 3 tbsp water (mix well)
Green peas (optional)
Sliced carrot (optional)
Sliced pineapple (optional)
Salt and pepper
– In a pot, mix ketchup, tomato paste, lemon juice and enough water. Bring to boil.
– When its boiling, reduce the heat and simmer. Add in corn flour mix. Stir well.
– Now you can add the veggies in. And more water if needed. Also salt and pepper to taste.
– Serve warm with white rice.
Very easy recipe. If you’re lazy to make the sauce, you can buy ready sauce. Make your life easier 🙂