It has been a while since my last pasta post. Now I have chance to share my easy quick pasta recipe with you. I’m pretty sure you’re familiar with pasta carbonara. But this one is my version, since my family is Muslim, so of course we don’t eat any kind of product made from pig. So I substituted bacon / pancetta with smoked turkey and chicken. The rest is about the same.
I use tricolour pasta here. To get attention from my daughter. And it worked! She ate a lot when I made this. I dunno if it because of the colours or she likes pasta. Anyway she ate a lot :p
500 grams pasta (I use tricolour penne)
250 grams smoked turkey / chicken
1 red paprika, sliced.
200 grams button mushrooms, sliced.
10 cm white part of leek, sliced.
500 ml cream
1/2 medium size onion
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
– Boil pasta with a pinch of salt.
– Meanwhile, saute onion, paprika, leek and mushroom.
– Add garlic powder and smoked turkey / chicken.
– Add pepper, cream and egg (keep stirring, otherwise the egg will be a poached egg). Taste it first, because you already got the saltiness from smoked turkey. Then you can add more salt if needed.
– Strain pasta. Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese on top.
Very quick and easy. One of my choice if I’m feeling lazy.