Here comes the recipes for my new year’s eve dinner. Oh, except for the dessert, I’ll have to post in different post. But I promise you that dessert part won’t be disappointed if you want to try it.
As usual, I like to make special dinner (3 courses meal) 2 times a year. New year’s eve and my wedding anniversary. So last year we had the same main course as the years before.
I have to admit that beef tenderloin is REALLY expensive. I can’t afford to buy it often,. that’s why we only eat it twice a year lol 😀 But that makes it more special, don’t you think? 😉 Unfortunately my daughter didn’t like the beef. She only ate mash potato and the veggies. Maybe next time she’ll know that she won’t get beef like that every day 😀
There’ll be several recipes here, everything is very basic, so you might want to skip reading this post until the end. Nothing fancy here. And I’m not sure if i should post my appetizer menu (Smoked salmon with creme fraiche) Because it was very very simple only smoked salmon, bread and creme fraiche. See nothing fancy but I’ll post the others and I hope I won’t disappoint you.
1 kilo potatoes (mashed)
50 grams butter
100 ml cream
Salt and pepper
– After you mash the potato, put it back to the pot, add all ingredients in.
– Stir and mix well, until it looks shiny and almost look like choux pastry consistency.
– Pipe it into cupcake moulds, bake in the oven until the top is golden brown. Or you can do shortcut by using blow torch for the top part 🙂
Black pepper sauce
1/2 medium size red onion (fine chopped)
500 ml cream
Black pepper (cracked)
1 tsp corn flour
Salt and pepper
– In a pan (the one you used to cook the beef) saute onion for about 2 minutes.
– Add in cream and black pepper. How much black pepper you want to put in is up to your own personal taste.
– Add salt and pepper. Taste.
– Add a little bit of water into a bowl with 1 tsp corn flour, stir until no lumps.
– Pour the flour mixture into the cream.
– Stir until thick.