My daughter is starting to be a bit picky with her food now. She always throw everything she doesn’t like to the floor. It seems like she only like pasta, noodle and potato. And she knows colour too, everything is green has to be removed from the plate. It’s a bit frustrating though. So I had to think the way to sneak in vegetable to her food.
I made this a while ago, and it turned out very nice. My husband had to remind me that these nuggets are for Alyzza. Otherwise I might have finished them the next day for my snacking time :p
I tried to make this as healthy as possible for my one and only little girl. So I baked this, not deep fried. And it was pretty good actually. Still as crispy as deep fried ones. Definitely a better way to cook it.
3 chicken breasts
1 small broccoli
1 medium size carrot
1 small size pasrnip
1/2 medium size onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
5 tbsp tapioca flour
Salt and pepper
Crushed corn flakes
– Blitz chicken breasts in a food processor. Add egg, mix well.
– Fine grate parsnip and carrot (remember you don’t want the vegetables to be shown)
– Fine cut broccoli into very small pieces.
– Put everything in a bowl, add garlic powder, flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
– Put the mix into the loaf mould and put in a preheat steamer. Steam for 15 minutes.
– When its cooked, cool it down until you can touch it.
– Cut it into strips (or as you want) then time for coating.
– Put the nuggets into a flour bath then egg then mixed crumbs (I used 1/4 of bread crumbs and 3/4 of corn flakes). Repeat the process (you can store them in freezer at this stage, and cook it when you need it)
– Preheat oven to 200 C, bake them for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown colour.
– You can store it in the freezer and reheat in microwave when you’re little one wants a snack.
A bit work, but worth it. Because as a mother, we always want the best for our family.
Have a nice day 🙂
Alyzza’s enjoying her nugget and Alyzza’s simple dinner.