In the winter like now, I often make stew or food with broth. Don’t feel like eating cold and refreshing salad at all. Definitely not easy being a tropical girl. But surprisingly my daughter is a super viking. Wonder where she got that from? :p
The first time I tasted parsnip crisps, I fell in love with it. I usually don’t like parsnip that much, but the crisps, it was different. Sweet, crispy, savoury and melt in your mouth. Just really nice. And the good thing is, it was soooooooooo very easy to make.
I love beef stew too. Very easy and quick and you just need to dump everything in the big pot. Stir occasionally then voila!
500 grams good quality beef, diced
5 medium size potato, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 onion, cut
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 bay leaf
1 canned tomato
Salt and pepper
– Heat 2 tbsp oil in a big pot.
– Saute garlic and onion until aromatic. Then add beef and canned tomato and water (if needed). Cook until the beef is fully cooked.
– The add potato, when potato id half-cooked you can add carrots, bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer until everything is cooked.
– Peel parsnips with peeler, after you got rid of the skin, keep peeling so you have thin slices of parsnip. While you doing this, heat oil in a pan. The temperature should be around 170 to 200 C.
– Fry parsnips until light golden brown. Let it cool down.
– To serve, take some stew in a bowl and put some parsnips crisps on top.