When I’m feeling sick, sad or angry I always eat super spicy food. It always make me feel better. I know its weird, because I know most of people will eat chocolate or something sweet instead. But yeah, that’s me :p
I took this recipe from one of my favourite Indonesia blog. Lucky I starred this recipe in my reader. because apparently the blog has moved somewhere or maybe she closed it. So it’s kind of pointless if I put up the link to her blog here.
1 kilo chicken (any part except breast), wash properly and mix with 1 tsp lime juice.
5 lime leaves
1 lemon grass, crushed
3 shallots, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
150 ml water
50 grams bird eye chili
3 cloves of garlic
Salt, sugar and pepper
– Blitz (coarse) chili and garlic.
– Heat oil in a large pot or wok, saute sliced shallots, chili mix and lemon grass
– Add lime leaves, salt, sugar and pepper.
– Add water, and let it boil for 1 minute.
– Add chicken in, and let it cook for about 15 minutes with medium heat. And don’t forget to put the lid on.
– Serve with warm jasmine rice.
I served mine with corn fritters, crackers and I add tofu to my chicken.