A bit unusual post to start the week today. But I think it’s nice to start the week with something sweet, don’t you think?
This is my number 1 most favourite pudding in the world. I got the recipe from my mum. She usually made this only on special occasion, and I can eat a loooot of it 😛
Being far away from my mum is not so easy. My mum is like my best friend. And I’m a homey girl too. Even now after I’m married and out from the house since I was 18, I still miss her a lot. So I had to ask so many recipes from her. Though I’m far away from my big family, I still have them very close in my heart 🙂
Back to the pudding 😛 This is actually very easy and simple recipe, but taste really good.
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 packages agar (7 grams/ each)
6 cups water
1/2 can of condensed milk
3 tsp sugar
1 can mixed fruit cocktail
200 ml orange juice
– Mix butter, egg, sugar and condensed milk with hand mixer.
– Boil agar with water. Add in agar when the water still cold, then keep stirring until it reaches the boiling point. Take of from heat.
– Pour agar into egg mix slowly while mixing it with hand. So you won’t get scramble egg 😛
– When everything combined, pour the mixture into a big bowl, glass or deep dish plate. Put it in the fridge until it sets (around 2 hours or so).
– Pour orange juice all over it also the canned fruits. Serve cold.
note: You can read more about agar here.