Once again, weird name for a yummy food from Indonesia. And again, I have no idea why they named this food with such name 😀 They do have lots of food with weird names in Indonesia, for some reasons and most of them just don’t make any sense.
Hubby likes this too, so I like to make this as my daily menu at home. Because I always feel selfish (sometimes) that I always cook what I want to eat. And he
never rarely asked me to cook something for him. He’s a really good guy, my man 😉
Anyway, I have news. I finally decided to give up the whole cupcake contest thing. Don’t ask me the reason, I just think it’s a stupid contest and very unfair. So, maybe I should join “real” cake contest with professional juries. That way I won’t be annoyed if I lost 😛
Nothing much apart from that. Really “GOOD” thing to start my day today, eh?
Oh well, just let me share the recipe now 🙂
500g minced beef
2 tbsp bread crumbs
1 tbsp AP flour
Chili (up to your taste)
200 ml coconut milk
3 cloves of garlic
1 small red onion
1 lemon grass
1 cm galangal
1 bay leave
2 candle nuts
1 tomato (wedged)
Salt and pepper
– Mix meat, bread crumbs, egg, flour and salt and pepper. Make into small balls.
– Cook in a big pan with medium heat.
– Mean while, blitz garlic, onion, candle nuts and chili into smooth paste.
– Saute the paste until fragrance, add galangal, lemon grass and bay leave. Saute for another 1 minutes. Then add coconut milk and tomato wedges.
– Add in the balls. Add salt and pepper. Cook until the coconut milk evaporated.