Sweet time! 🙂
There are tons of cinnamon buns / rolls recipes our there. But I still want to share my version anyway 😛
I’ve made this buns so many times ever since I moved to Sweden. Hubby likes it, I like it, so I can’t see any problem not to make them so often. Beside, they’re so easy to make. Very easy.
I usually bake them separately. But think time I wanted to try something different. I have to admit, this way look a lot better. Look nicer to me. And it was a good day actually. Hubby surprised me with that new wooden tray right at the same day I made the buns. Coincidence? 😀
note: because I found this recipe in Sweden, so the measurement will be in deciliter.
Ingredients (for 40 buns):
14 dl AP flour
1 dl caster sugar
5 dl warm milk
12g dried yeast
– Add yeast to warm milk, let it sit 5 minutes before you use it.
– In a bowl, add flour and sugar together.
– Melt the butter.
-Pour melted butter into the flour mixture.
– Add in milk mixture slowly to the flour mixture.
– Knead it by hands for 10 minutes or with standing mixer for 5 minutes.
– When it has nice and smooth surface, form into a big ball, and let it rest in the bowl for at least 45 minutes. Cover with plastic film.
– Split the dough into 2.
– Flatten the dough with rolling pin into a rectangle shape.
– Spread butter in the dough surface, then cinnamon and the sugar.
– Roll the dough.
– Cut into 20 pieces or depending how big you want them.
– Repeat the process.
– Let it rest again for 30 minutes.
– When you ready to bake them, brush with egg wash and sprinkle pearl sugar on top. Bake for 15 minutes in 175 C.
Enjoy them with a glass of cold milk for evening snack 🙂