Finally… I’m ALIVE again! Yaaaaaaaaay! The internet didn’t work for 5 days, so I’m sorry for late posts.
Today I’ll share paella recipe. At first I though paella is the same thing like fried rice, well Spanish version. Because they cook it in some kind of wok. But apparently not *shame on me* 😛
Lucky for me, close to where I live (3 minutes walk) there is a shop that sell halal things, including meat. Since I’ve never eaten chorizo before, I was excited when I found this halal chorizo. Immediately thinking about paella. And I liked it, hubby and daughter liked it too. Definitely have to keep this recipe. Beside, I only need my wok to cook everything. No fuss 🙂
3 cups paella rice (I just use jasmine)
1 medium size onion, roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 red paprika (or any colour you want), chopped
100g button mushroom
1 litre chicken stock (optional)
4 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
1/2 ground paprika
Fresh chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
– Rinse the rice well, drain and set aside. Cut chorizo into thick slices.
– Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large pan or wok, add chorizo and saute for 2 minutes then add chopped paprika, onion and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the paprika start to soften.
– Add rice into the wok, cook for 2 minutes to toast the grains. Pour in chicken stock, saffron and ground paprika. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes, stir every so often.
– Add peas and chopped tomatoes and continue cooking, very gently for 10 minutes more. Stir once in a while.
– When the rice is cooked but still have a slight bite, remove the wok from the heat and leave it for few minutes.
– Scatter the chopped parsley over the paella, serve with lemon wedges.