It’s wordless wednesday today.
500g pappardelle (or any pasta you like)
700g chicken with bones (any part)
3 tbsp oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 onions, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 tsp dried rosemary
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp tomato paste
500ml chicken stock
1 tbsp grainy mustard
Salt and pepper
Handful pasrley, roughly chopped
Grated parmesan, to serve
– In a preheated pot / wok, fry the chicken for 2 minutes on each side until browned. Remove them to a plate.
– Add garlic, onion and carrot to the pan. Fry for 2 – 3 minutes until softened.
– Add rosemary and thyme and return the chicken pieces to the pot. Add chicken stock and tomato paste. Let it cook until the chicken is tender.
– Take out chicken and place on a board, when cool enough to handle, remove meat from the bones.
– If the sauce is very thin, simmer it until thickened to light coating consistency. Return the chicken meat to the sauce.
– Add mustard, taste and season.
– When almost ready to serve, cook pasta in a boiling water with a pinch of salt.
– Drain well and toss with the chicken ragu.
– Scatter over some parsley and serve with grated parmesan.