Lots of my Indonesian friends have been asking me the recipes ever since I posted the “teaser” picture in my facebook. And I only took the picture with my phone. Doesn’t look flattering AT ALL, but they liked it :p So I had no choice but to post the recipe today.
I know that it’s very late for me to post about this bread. But you know I don’t celebrate easter in any way. So I don’t care much. And that’s why my buns didn’t have cross on top. I also changed some stuff. People always mix the chocolate chips with the bread dough. I didn’t do that, instead I made the chocolate as the filling in the middle of the buns🙂
As for the bread it self, I liked it so very much. Fluffy and moist. Reminded me of a bread I called “roti kasur” or “bed bread”😛
I got the recipe from one of my favourite food blog. She inspired me soooo much. I’ve tried some of her recipes, and they’re all amazing. I suggest you to check the blog.
300g plain flour
30g caster sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
40g butter, cut into cubes
5g dry yeast
40ml warm water
150g chocolate chips (I used dark & milk chocolate chips)
flour paste for crosses:
1 tsp plain flour
1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp of caster sugar
1 tbsp cold water
– Since I use stand mixer, I put everything (except chocolate chips) into the mixing bowl and knead for 5 minutes until the dough forms a smooth surface. If you use hands go here. Leave it in a warm spot for 1 hours or until double in size.
– Divide the dough into 16 small pieces.
– Take each small dough and form into small balls.
– Take 1 ball and flatten it a bit, fill with some chocolate chips, and roll it to form a small ball again. Place it in your baking pan or square cake pan.
– Leave it for rest again, around 30 to 40 minutes of double in size.
– Meanwhile you can make the flour paste by mixing all the ingredients with small hand whisk, and put it in your piping bag if you want to make cross. But I just use spoon to “draw” the chocolate paste.
– When the dough has doubled in size and ready to be baked, you can now pipe your crosses or do like I did😛
– Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes in 200C.