Yaaaaaaaaay!!! It’s my 100th post today. And to celebrate special day, I want to share something special too. Very easy dessert and liked by everyone in the family. A bit unusual, because I don’t use any eggs here. And I like it better than the one with eggs. This one is very light and nice. I don’t expect you to like this one. It’s just my personal taste. Also this one has no alcohol in it. So you won’t get that alcohol feeling.
I’ve made this so many times, and never disappoint me. So happy with the results.
And I got this brand new dessert bowl from hubby. I’ve been wanting to use it for a while. Very happy that finally I can use that pretty bowl 😀 The only bad part is, it’s very tall, so I had to move another shelf from the fridge to fit it in 😛
1 pack coffee late
250g mascarpone cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used vanilla beans)
3 tbsp icing sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 pack sponge fingers
dark chocolate / cocoa powder for decoration
– In a bowl, with manual whisk or hand mixer, mix mascarpone cheese, sugar and vanilla until combined.
– In separate bowl with hand mixer, whisk cream to soft peak.
– With a spatula, fold cream into mascarpone cheese and stir well.
to assemble the cake
– In a plate, pour coffee late (not all, because you might not use all). Gently dip every sponge finger into the coffee. Please make sure you don’t soak the sponge fingers. 1 second each side is enough.
– Place the sponge fingers to your cake pan or dessert bowl.
– Pour 1/3 of the mixture on top of the sponge fingers. Spread it evenly.
– Repeat the process.
– As the last part, you can sprinkle some cocoa powder or decorate as you wish.
– Leave in the fridge for at least 6 hours before you eat it. Even better if you leave it overnight. The best time to eat tiramisu is the day after you made it.