Today is the last day of my family trip. I know, it’s very short. But it has been very long time since our last trip to Indonesia last year. Me and hubby, we used to go to lots of places, just a day trip before our little one arrived. Then it’s a little extra work if we want to go out. And she didn’t understand anything anyway 😛
As I promised you, I’ll be posting sweet recipes this week. Another chocolatey snack. Chocolate brownies. I’ve been looking for perfect brownies recipes out there. Not just the best brownies, but it has to be Indonesian style brownies. Brownies is Indonesia is more spongy than fudgy. I never like fudgy brownies, that’s why I was very happy when I finally found this recipe. Didn’t have to wait so long for me to try it. All the ingredients are very basic, and I always have them in my kitchen.
When it’s out from the oven, I had to leave it to cool down a bit before I can cut it. And when I tried a small piece, I knew that it was the perfect brownies for me. Easy, tasty and chocolatey. What else do you need? If you don’t like fudgy brownies, you should definitely try this one. Really nice. I’ve been making this a lot, and give it to my friends and hubby’s friends. And received good feedback (I hope they didn’t lie though :P)
300g caster sugar
225 ml vegetable oil
60g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
120g sliced almond
80g chocolate chips
– Spray your pan (24 x 24cm) with baking spray or you can brush it with melted butter / oil.
– Preheat oven to 180 C.
– In a big bowl, mix your eggs and sugar together with hand whisk until incorporated for about 3 minutes.
– Mix your flour, cocoa powder, and salt together.
– Slowly add the flour mixture into your egg mixture.
– Use spatula to stir everything well.
– Add oil, mix well.
– Lastly add your chocolate chips and half of the almond. Mix well.
– Pour the mixture into your baking pan. Sprinkle the rest of the almond. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
– Let it rest for at least 30 minutes before you cut it.
If you want to serve it as a fancy dessert, you can reheat it in microwave for 10 seconds or so. Just enough to make it warm, then sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve t with a scoop of ice cream.