1 pack fresh pasta sheets
2 tbsp oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
150g ricotta cheese
75g parmesan, grated
75g pine nuts, toasted
salt and pepper
2 tbsp cream
1 tbsp dried sage (fresh even better)
– Heat olive oil in a larga pan and saute garlic until golden brown. Add spinach and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until the liquid released has been absorbed.
– Add butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Drain and roughly chop the spinach.
– In a large bowl, beat ricotta, parmesan and pine nuts. Add spinach and lemon juice to taste. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
– Cut pasta sheet into the size you desire (I used ravioli cutter). Take a small amount of the filling and place in the middle of the pasta. Take another cut pasta sheet and place it on top of the filling. Glue the edges with water.
– For sage butter, melt butter in a pan and heat until it begins to brown. Take off the heat and strain through a fine sieve into a clean pan. Heat slowly, then stir in cream and sage.
– In a large pot with salted boiling water, add ravioli and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Darin well and toss with sage butter. Grate some extra parmesan to serve with.