Behind the scene of this lasagna. It was the week when some of my blog friends posted lasagna recipes in the same freaking week (sorry hunny bunny 😛 ). Teteh Nicke with her fettucine lasagna, Bebe with her beef lasagna and Mama Miyuki with her eggplant lasagna. So then I asked my self, when will I make lasagna my self? I’m not a big fan of lasagna just because lots of work to make it. But even if I make my own lasagna, I want it to be different with theirs. Even though I didn’t know what kind of lasagna I’m going to make.
And when I was shopping for my weekly shopping, I passed pasta’s section. My eyes spotted the lasagna, and it’s green! Read the ingredients a bit. Apparently it made from spinach. Perfect! Then I finally can make my own lasagna 🙂
250g green lasagna sheets
500g minced beef
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 medium size onion, finely chopped
1 tsp oregano
400g chopped tomato
1 tbsp tomato paste
250g grated cheese
200g portobello mushroom, sliced
salt and pepper
salt and pepper
– In a big pan / pot, add 2 tbsp oil and saute the garlic and onion for 1 minute.
– Add the beef, make sure you don’t leave the beef in pot just like that, it’ll be a big lump. You have to break the beef until they separate nicely.
– Add chopped tomato, tomato paste and oregano. Let it simmer for 7 to 10 minutes.
– Lastly, add some salt and pepper to your taste. Set aside.
– For the white sauce, warm the milk until it reaches 50 to 60C. Set aside.
– Melt butter in a pot with a low – medium heat. Add flour little by little while keep stirring the mixture.
– Slowly pour the milk into the mixture, 1 ladle at a time. Make sure you mix it well before you add more milk into it.
– When you reach that nice and thick (but not too thick) consistency, add your cheese and mix it well.
– Take your lasagna sheets and out it nicely in your baking dish.
– Spread the beef on top of it, then spread the white sauce evenly.
– Place sliced mushroom on top of the sauce until it covers the surface.
– Repeat the process. And it has to be the lasagna sheets at the very top layer. And add more sliced mushroom.
– And then sprinkle some grated cheese on top of the lasagna. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the middle of the oven, so it’ll cook evenly.
– Let it rest for 5 minutes or so after you take it out from the oven.
– Serve with salad.
p.s. Don’t forget to follow my blog to subscribe for more coming up recipes. I’ll have special recipes for you coming up this week! 🙂