Just like my promise to you in previous post, I’ll share what I did with my homemade puff pastry. Cream horms. Yup, that fancy looking snack / sweet whatever you call it.
Just so you know, I do not own the moulds to make the cones. What I did was, I used ice cream cones, small ones, then wrapped them with aluminium foil. Really sorry I didn’t take the picture of them, didn’t think about it. Silly me. Well, I’m sure you can imagine it right? 🙂
The other thing I want to talk about is the filling. I always make cream cheese frosting all the time. So please don’t judge me bad here just because the filling looks a bit runny. It’s because I’ve never eaten cream horns before. Ever. So I though it should be like that. Maybe next time I’ll make this, I’ll use my usual recipe for the filling.
There is also one bad side about this tasty snack. It tasted so light and nice and not so sweet, so you can always eat a lot. Be sure to make some extras even though your family don’t like sweets too much. Because I don’t like sweet things that is too sweet. This was perfect for my taste 🙂
1 recipe of puff pastry
200g cream cheese
8tbsp icing sugar
1/2 vanilla bean
1 egg, beaten
– Brush your cones with oil or cooking spray. Set aside.
– Flatten your puff pastry until 3mm or until you have the thickness you desired. But please not too thin so it looks a bit transparent.
– Cut the dough into 2cm long strips, you should have around 10 to 12 long strips.
-Brush one side of the dough with water gently (not too much water please) and quickly roll it to your cones from the end of the cone to the bigger part of the cone).
– Repeat the process.
– Brush the pastry with egg and sprinkle sugar on top, bake in 170C for 7 to 10 minutes or until the colour is nice golden brown.
– Meanwhile, you can prepare the filling. Whisk the cream until soft peak, set aside.
– Beat the cream cheese until it has nice smooth texture. Add sugar and vanilla.
– Whisk the cream and cream cheese some more until its thicken. Set aside in the fridge.
– When the pastries are done, you need to cool them before you can fill it with the filling. So, take them off from the cones and let them cool down.
– Decorate as you wish.
note: if you have something to ask because my rusty English, you can leave a comment, and I’ll try my best to explain it to you 🙂