Updated for better photos 🙂
I didn’t use any peanuts here. Only chocolate, ran out of nuts 😀
Learn Indonesian ^^
Terang : bright, light, shine
Bulan : moon, month
Again, don’t ask me why they named it terang bulang. I have no freaking idea why. Maybe.. I guess that its round. And Moon is round too. But does pancake filled with chocolate and peanut look like a Moon? Oh well, you just have to accept it. Don’t ask me more question about the weird names 😛 And we DO NOT eat this pancake in the morning. But for some reason this is an evening snack. Maybe because of the name? Moon appears mostly in the night. Who knows?
It has been a while since I made this. For some time I was busy with cupcakes, cakes and other fancy sweets. But ever since I came back from my holiday to Indonesia (visited my family), I decided to make this recipe blog and start making more Indonesian things. Of course I’ll share with you too if I make cupcakes and cakes. I might even share some decorating tutorials too, but no promises, I said I might 😛
My daughter liked this a lot. She didn’t even want me to feed her this. Always wanted to eat it by her self. But I didn’t let her hold this thing. Pretty messy you know, chocolate and peanuts. I don’t want to imagine my living room covered in chocolate and peanuts all of the floor. No no no no no >.<
make 2 pancakes
200 grams flour
50 grams caster sugar
300 ml warm milk
2 grams dries yeast
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
Filling / topping:
Chocolate buttons or sprinkles
– Mix all dry ingredients.
– Mix milk and dried yeast. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
– Add eggs to dry mix, mix well.
– Add milk into mixture gradually, mix well and make sure no lumps in it.
– Let it rest and rise for at least 2 hours before you cook it.
– In a hot pan, with cooking spray or little bit butter, pour half of the mix into the pan.
– Wait until you see some bubbles then sprinkle some sugar. Wait until the top side is a little bit cooked, not as runny as before. Then you can add chocolate, peanuts or anything you like.
– Take it off from the pan, fold it. Cut into 5 or 6 small pieces.