Before I watched Rachael Ray’s video on TV, I never heard about sloppy joe. It was a weird name, indeed. But when I looked at the final look, it was very mouth watering. And I knew I have to make that someday.
Finally last weekend I made this food. I think, the beef mixture looks like bolognese a lot, taste also similar but without the oregano smell and taste. The difference is you eat bolognese with pasta but this one with bread, and make it look like a burger 😛
Was really nice though, now is in my quick-meal-when-I’m-feeling-lazy-to-cook list.
The recipe I tried also from Rachael’s website. She’s one of my favourite cook. She always make quick, easy and tasty looking recipes.
- 500g minced beef
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 400ml canned tomato
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- salt & pepper
- burger buns, lettuce, tomatoes
- Preheat oil in a large pan / pot.
- Add minced beef, and start breaking it (otherwise you’ll end up having a big lump of minced beef).
- Add sugar and chopped onion.
- When the meat has browned, add Worcestershire sauce, canned tomato and tomato paste.
- Stir well to combine and reduce the heat to simmer and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Season well and serve with the buns and salads.