More summery food. This time is a salad.
But before we talk about the recipe, I want to brag a bit. Yesterday evening I got an email from wordpress. It said that one of my post (pineapple upside down cake) has been featured in the freshly pressed page (you can check it there to make sure I’m not lying :P). How awesome is that? I’m like over the moon right now. I’ll take it as my late wedding anniversary present from wordpress. Pssst… I got another great present from husband too (again! now you’re getting jealous), that guy is just the best. Definitely a great week for me! ^^
Who doesn’t know Caesar salad? It’s a pretty famous salad and so many restaurants / cafes serve this in their menu. And nothing is better than eating a cold and crunchy salad in a hot day. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
I think some of you knew that I’m very picky with my food. And guess what? Yup! I didn’t like salad at all before. Now is a bit better, but I’m still really picky about my salad. Acceptable ingredients for my salad: lettuce (no rocket, watercress, spinach, red chart), tomato, cucumber, corn and any fruits. That’s all. Other than those I’ve mentioned, I will not eat it. Plus I have to use lots of dressing too. I’m just not used to eating salad and raw vegetables 😛
After I lived in the UK for a while, I tried so many different dressings and ingredients for salads. Since then I accepted salad in my life 😀
Back to the point. For this post I used ready Caesar dressing (anchovies in brine is really expensive!!!) But I’ll still give you the recipe. Because back when I was working, I used to make Caesar dressing lots of times.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- cos lettuce
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, marinate chicken with lemon, salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a pot with water and place the chicken in the pot. Boil for 7 to 10 minutes with medium heat.
- After it’s cooked, cool it down first.
- Now, you have to pick them (I can’t find the word, sorry), kind of like shred the chicken into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add chicken and all the spices in. Don’t forget to season it. Cook until the chicken is slightly crispy.
for the dressing
- 3 anchovies in brine
- 1 garlic clove
- 20g shaved parmesan
- creme fraiche
- salt & pepper
- Blitz anchovies, garlic and parmesan with a little bit of creme fraiche together until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add mayonnaise, lemon, salt & pepper to your taste.
Now the fun part, I like to mix everything (lettuce, croutons, parmesan, chicken and dressing) all together in a bowl. And serve it like that. But everyone is different. So, it’s up to your taste how you want to serve it. And of course you can use bacon or anything you like instead of chicken 🙂