Last weekend I had no idea what to do with beef. Not because I ran out of beef recipes to make, but more lazy 😛 So I was looking a very fast and easy beef recipe. Fortunately I have a good beef, so doesn’t need take forever to cook it.
At home, we use google chrome browser, it’s awesome! And it has some apps that you can install to the browser too. So, I found gojee, it has lots of recipes in it, and you can type in their search box what ingredients you have at home, and it’ll look for the recipes for you (I’d like my recipes to be featured in that site too :P)
And I found this Mongolian beef. Read the recipe. Luckily I have all the ingredients at home, and it seems quick and tasty too. And I gave it a try.
- 600g beef flank, thinly sliced
- 3 tbp corn starch
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (I didn’t use this)
- 2 spring onion
- 3 medium size button mushroom, sliced
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large pan / wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic, saute until fragrance then add sliced beef, saute for 1 minute.
- Add carrot and mushroom. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add water, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and corn starch. Mix well.
- The consistency should be thick by now.
- Lastly add spring onion, quick stir and take off from the heat.
- Serve with warm rice.
In my personal opinion, this beef taste very similar with Indonesian beef with sweet soy sauce. Very similar yet different. But I liked this a lot too. So, definitely making it again in the future.
p.s. I’m having a poll, so if you don’t mind, you can check it out and get voting too. It’ll help me to improve my blog 🙂