Risoles is a small croquette, shape like spring rolls with meat and vegetables filling, covered in bread crumbs and deep fried. Apparently the word risoles comes from rissole (google told me that :P).
This is one of my favourite snack and also another snack that has been waiting for long time in my waiting list (I have list for snacks and sweets I want to make)😀 Finally, I had time to make this last weekend. Can be stored in freezer too. Unfortunately my husband didn’t like it as much. But its ok, it means more for me… hahahaha😀
So, shall we take a look at the ingredients now then?
for 24 pieces
- 200 grams flour
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams melted butter / margarine
- 700 ml milk
- pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients. Make sure no flour lumps. You can use your liquidiser to mix everything.
- In a hot pan, add 1/2 tsp oil, then wipe with tissue. We don’t want any oil in the pan. Even better if you have non-stick pan or cooking spray. Then you don’t have to put any oil. Wait until its hot enough.
- Take 1 ladle of the mixture, then spread it all over the pan. Just like when you make pancake. But don’t make it too thick. And not too thin either. You need some practice for this before you get it perfect.
- Repeat the process until the mix finished. Please leave at least 2 tbsp of the mixture, you’ll need it later.
- Set aside the skins.
- 1 large chicken breast (small diced)
- 2 medium size carrots (small diced)
- 2 big potatoes (small diced)
- 100 grams green bean (small cut)
- 1 onion (small cut)
- 2 cloves of garlic (fine chopped)
- Saute garlic and onion at the same time until soft.
- Add chicken breast, potatoes and carrots. Stir occasionally. So you don’t crush the potatoes. Add a little bit of water into it. And put the lid on.
- When everything is almost cooked, add in green bean.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste. Set aside and cool it down.
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- Take 1 skin, put 1 tsp filling or a bit more on to the skin. Then wrap it jut like you wrap spring roll. Its the same technique.
- When everything is done. Now we have to coat it with breadcrumb.
- Prepare 2 bowls or plates for egg and breadcrumb.
- Take 1 “naked” risoles, dip it in egg wash then into the breadcrumb.
- Repeat the process.
- At this point, if you want to freeze it, you can do it. If you want to eat it, just deep fry it. Around 3 to 5 minutes each side. Serve with bird eye chili or just chili sauce.
note: Sorry if it’s a bit confusing. If you have question about it, don’t hesitate to ask me. And for vegetarian, just simply skip the chicken.