Yesterday I had a test in the school, and I think I failed miserably, just because when I supposed to study the night before but I fell asleep with my little one instead 😛 When I saw the questions on the test, I got annoyed at my self right away for not study enough. Texted my husband on the way home full of complains 😀
So, to cheer my self up I made some cookies when I got home. I don’t eat snacks that much now though and I don’t like this kind of cookies either but at least I got to make something. Of course at the end my husband will eat everything. Chocolate cookies with chocolate filling.. very chocolatey, my husband likes 😛
The recipe adapted from Martha Stewart’s. Since the recipe said it will make around 90 cookies, so I only made half of the recipe. But still, it made more than 45 cookies (maybe I made them to small?).
- 1 cup (128g) flour
- 1/2 cup (64g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces (113g) butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp cream
- pinch of vanilla powder / 1 tsp vanilla extract
for ganache filling:
- 1/4 cup (85g) honey
- 1/4 cup (56g) cream
- 4 ounces (113g) dark chocolate
- 1 tsp softened butter
- pinch of vanilla powder
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Prepare your baking tray and baking sheet, spray with some baking spray.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder in a bowl. Cream butter ad sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, cream and vanilla. Beat until everything mixed well.
- Take a little bit of the dough (mine was about 1 tsp per ball), roll with your hands and shape it into a tiny ball.
- Place it on you baking sheet. Repeat the process until the dough finish.
- Press the middle of each cookie balls with your thumb. And bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes (during this baking time, I had to press the center again so each cookie has enough space for the filling).
- Take the cookies out from the oven and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile you can work with the filling.
- Place chocolate and butter in a small bowl and put it in microwave (that’s what I did) just until the chocolate melt.
- Add honey, cream and vanilla. Mix well.
- Take 1 teaspoon chocolate ganache and fill it to each cookie. Let it sit for a while until the chocolate sets and store in a jar or container.