Born and grew up in Indonesia, kind of difficult for me to experience the mushroom hunting during september – october when it started to rain more. So this year, I actually got to experience that. I went to the forest with husband and my daughter and tried to find edible mushrooms. Finding the mushrooms was easy, but making sure if its edible or not was really really hard. Most of them look the same to me. Plus, my husband never really did the mushrooms hunting before either, so he had no idea at all 😀
Picking vegetables / fruits is one of my hobby too. I have this happy feeling when I pick something directly from the tree / plant. That’s why last summer, I ended up with more than 4kg of strawberries. It was a looooot of strawberries 😛 So I think having a part time job in the farm during summer to help the farmer harvesting their farm will be a perfect job for me. Because I know I’d enjoyed it so much 😀
However, the mushrooms you see here, unfortunately I “picked” them from a supermarket, hehehe… I bought 2 different mushrooms. Brown button mushroom and winter chanterelle. I love their colours 🙂
Back to the recipe, this is just another easy recipe that I made up. But it was really nice. Husband liked the mushrooms sauce and my daughter liked.. errrr… the pasta (as usual) 😀
- cooked pasta (your choice, but I used spinach tagliatelle)
- salmon file with skin
- 200g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill (1 tsp dried dill)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Preheat a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both side of the salmon.
- Place the salmon (skin side down) in the hot pan. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes so, we’ll get crispy skin.
- Flip it over and cook the other side for 2 more minutes. Transfer to oven proof pan, and let it cook a bit more in the oven (150°C) for 5 minutes.
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp oil and saute the mushrooms for 1 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and vegetable stock. Let it comes to almost boil then add the cream.
- Bring it to the boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. When you ready to serve it, add the chopped dill.
- To serve, place pasta in the middle of the plate. Put the salmon on top of the pasta. And pour some of the mushrooms sauce.