Yes yes.. You saw it right. Stir-fry FRIED chicken 😛
I don’t know what I was thinking when I made it. But I know I wanted something new. Something I’ve never made before. And if you’re wondering about the picture, yes,
I my husband took it during summer time. We took the picture just outside our apartment (neighbours were looking at us in a very weird way :D). And I just “found” these photos when I was checking my blog drafts.
I used sweet and sour sauce for this recipe. Liked it a lot. Definitely a great side dish for my family.
For the fried chicken, it’s the exact same spices and flour mixture as my mum’s fried chicken.
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced (1cm thick)
- 1/2 paprika, sliced
- 1 medium size carrot, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- frozen peas
- for the sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt & pepper
- Follow the instruction for the fried chicken here. Set aside.
- In a wok or deep pan, add oil and chopped garlic. Quick saute for 10 seconds.
- Add onion, saute until fragrance.
- Add ketchup, fish sauce and sweet soy sauce. Stir well.
- Add a little bit of water to thinner the sauce a bit.
- Add carrots and paprika. Let them cook for 2 minutes (or to your taste, I like them a bit soft).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add frozen peas, quick stir and lastly add the fried chicken.
- Mix well and serve with warm rice.