Another week, another monday. Only a month away before another exam in the school. So to keep the stress away from me, I need to cheer up my self with something I like ^^
This food originally comes from China. In Indonesia we call it siomay. It should be served with other things too like tofu, potatoes, bitter melon and peanut sauce. I’ve posted siomay recipe here few months ago. But this time, instead of fish, I’m using chicken (I guess you can put beef too if you want, but it’s not very common). And it served as a snack or appetizer.
Once again, these are very easy to make. Even better if you have food processor. If you don’t have one, you can just chopped all the ingredients as fine as you can.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 small size carrot, grated
- 1 pack wonton pastry
- salt & pepper
- Place chicken breast in the food processor, add egg. Blitz until nice and smooth.
- Add the flour, salt and pepper. Pulse it until everything combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and add grated carrot. Mix well.
- Take 1 wonton skin, take 1 tsp wonton mix and place it in the middle of the skin.
- Take all the edges of the skin and press the middle so it seals.
- Deep fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until nice golden brown with medium heat.
- Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce.
p.s. In the next post, I’m going to share another variation that you can do with this chicken wonton. So stay tuned! ♥