Have you ever gotten that “lazy” time when you feel like you’re always too busy to write in your blog for few days? But in fact, you’re not that busy.
Well, I got that often. If you’re wondering why I haven’t posted anything in a week, then you know the answer. Plus, I’ve been in a crafting mood again lately. I have 2 projects that I’ve been doing for a week now and both of them already 95% done. Really want to show you guys the results though but I don’t know if it’s appropriate to post crafts in food blog. And I don’t think I can keep up if I have to make a craft blog. So, if you think it’s ok to show it here and you want to see them too, I’ll be happy to show you 🙂
And I also had a test yesterday in the school, quite important one. Although I didn’t use my free time to study.. hehehe… So if I have bad result, I won’t be surprised.
Today I’ll be sharing a simple chicken recipe. I got this recipe from my friend. This is really good and quick recipe when you have a busy day.
Gulai basically is pretty similar with curry and I couldn’t find the English word for it. Very similar yet different. But you’ll love this too 🙂
- 1 kg chicken with bones
- 2 banana shallots (or you can use 1/2 red onion)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2cm fresh galangal, crushed (or 1/2 tsp galangal powder)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cm fresh ginger (or 1 tsp ginger powder)
- 4 chillies, crushed (optional, to your taste)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven into 200°C.
- Place shallots, garlic, ginger, turmeric and galangal powder (skip if you use fresh one) in a food processor and blitz until nice and smooth.
- Pour the paste into a big bowl. Add the chicken. lime leaves, chillies, tamarind paste and coconut milk. Mix all together by hands. Add salt and pepper. Mix again.
- Put the chicken on to you baking try or baking dish. Pour the sauce all over the chicken too. Add water if the sauce is too little. Because the sauce has to cover at least 1/2 part of the chicken.
- Roast for around 45 to 60 minutes. You can flip the chicken when it’s half way done. So the chicken will cooked evenly.