How is everyone doing? I finally feel better now after being sick and almost well and sick again in the last few weeks. And I also have another test in the school again last week. And I’m writing half of this post in the tram on the way to the school.
I dunno if you all noticed this but ever since I started my Swedish school, I kind of abandoned this blog a bit. That’s because I have to go to the school everyday mon-fri in the morning. Then after school in the afternoon, I have to pick up my daughter from her pre-school and when I get home I still have to cook and clean. And in the evening I just want to relax and be lazy with husband and daughter. There… No time to write blog *sorry*.
But I got my result last monday for the test and I passed the test. Yaaay!!! Now I’ll take a break before continue to the next level. So hopefully I’ll have a bit more time again for the blog, so please hang in there and don’t leave me alone *sob*.
This time I’m going to share with you a sweet recipe. These peanut butter cookies are my favourite. I loved it since I was small. And I don’t like to share them with anyone *evil laugh*.
You heard me there, when I was little I always save some of my pocket money to buy something. And when I got these cookies, I always tried to hide them from my 2 little sisters and hide them in my bedroom and eat them by my self. I am a very nice big sis, yes 😛
Few weeks ago I was craving these little munchies again. And I was wondering if ritz crackers will work well, so I began to google the recipe. And here is where I got the recipe from. The only thing left is the filling. That’s all.
Very easy and cheap ingredients to make these yummy cookies or crackers (whatever you want to call them). I got around two 1l jars with one recipe. But I skipped the salt, because I used salted butter and I didn’t sprinkle more slat on top of the crackers because I wanted them to be sweet treats.
The result was pretty close to the original cookies, will definitely make them again in te future. Even husband and daughter loved them too. Now I have to share…hehehe…. 😀
Homemade Ritz Crackers
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp butter + 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Put all the ingredients (except water) in your food processor. Otherwise you can put them in a bowl and mix by hands.
- Add water a little bit at a time until it forms a ball in your food processor.
- Roll the dough as thin as you can and use cookie cutter to make the shape.
- Place the cut dough on baking sheet and poke holes in the dough.
- Bake the crackers for 10 minutes or until the crackers starting to brown a bit.
- While the crackers are in the oven you can make the peanut butter filling.
- As soon as you take out the crackers from the oven, brush them with the melted butter.
- Let them cool down before filling them with peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Filling
- 100g butter
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- Using a hand mixer, mix butter and peanut butter until soft and fluffy.
- Add half of icing sugar, mix. And add the remaining half.
- Place the filling in a piping bag and set aside in the fridge until you ready to use it.
- Take 1 cracker and pipe some filling on it and take another cracker. Press it a bit to make the filling spread evenly.