Weekend means fast food in my family. But this is a home made fast food. Even if I keep calling it fast food, I still make most of it. This is one of the example.
We eat open sandwich a lot during weekend. Easy, cheap and quick to put together. So I still want to do something similar but with different topping.
I choose sausages.
I think this is good for dinner, appetizer or even snack if you’re having a party. Very easy to do and you can make them a day before. Just wrap them nicely with plastic wrap to prevent the bread from drying.
Its embarrassing to share the recipe but I need to write it down for my self too, for ideas in the future 😉
Btw, I didn’t use any salt here, because its salty enough for me from the sausages and cheese. But of course you can add salt if you want.
- 1 store bough baguette
- 1 pack (400g) sausage
- 2 medium tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes)
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Slice the baguette depending on your taste.
- Cut tomatoes in half, unseeded then cut them small (dice). Put in a bowl.
- Quarter each sausage, then cut them small (should be around the same size like tomatoes). Add into the bowl.
- Add chopped parsley, olive oil and pepper. Mix well.
- Take one slice of baguette, place some of the mixture onto it, then place cheese on top.
- Repeat the process. bake until the cheese melt and slightly has brown spots.