I must say that I was a bit surprised when I saw a menu list from local pizzeria here in Sweden for the first time. The one that caught my eyes was one of husband’s favourite pizza. Chicken, banana with bernaise sauce pizza.
Please tell me I’m not the only one that didn’t know about those funky toppings. Pretty please…
But one day I decided to give it a try (tasted husband’s pizza a little bit) and guess what! Another surprise! I liked it. Not crazy about it, but definitely something is different there. Something good.
In Indonesia, bananas are really cheap. There are so many different varieties for different purpose. But I’ve never eaten or found banana in proper food. We only use banana for desserts or sweet snacks. That’s why I was a bit shock when I found banana as one of pizza topping here. And husband said it’s so weird because you can find banana everywhere in Indonesia but only use it for sweets (makes sense I must say :D)
And this time I want to share it with you this funky pizza (in case you never tried them before).
Makes 12 mini pizzas
- 1 cooked chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 12 tsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup bernaise sauce (I used ready one)
- 1 banana, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray your cupcake tin with cooking oil or baking spray.
- Take a little bit of the pizza dough (around 35 to 50 gr). Place in the cupcake tin and flatten it a bit. Fill each cupcake hole with pizza dough.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes (half cooked).
- Take the pizza dough out. Flatten them a bit again.
- Start putting the topping. 1 tsp tomato sauce, onion, mushroom, chicken, bernaise sauce and cheese.
- Bake again for another 7 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
What I did here for the photos, I took the pizzas out while still warm and place in a cupcake liner. I think it’s cute for appetizers or party though. Don’t you think? 😉