Lately I’ve been very lazy at making proper and nice looking dinner. So I don’t really have many of them at the moment. But I have lots of sweets instead, that should be enough right? 😉
I’m also slightly obsessed with everything homemade now. And trying to find ways to make healthier foods for my family. Just like these baked donuts. I know I know, it still has lots of sugar in it, but at least I tried to reduce the calorie a bit by baking them instead of deep frying them 😀
I found this recipe when I looked for baked donut’s recipe. It looked so perfect in the photo. Made me want to have my own donut pan even more. But because I didn’t have one, I used my cupcake pan instead (don’t worry, donut pan is in my wish list already).
The result? A little bit shrinkage in the middle and its ok. Because I was using cupcake pan which has no “heating core”. But I filled it with nuttela to make it a little bit puffier. Next time I want to make this I hope I have my donut pan already.
(for 12 cupcake pan / 6 donut pan)
- 1 cup (128g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 oz (170g) yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- icing sugar
- nutella (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray your donut pan with cooking spray (or brush with melted butter).
- In a large bowl, place all dry ingredients. Stir well. And in another bowl place egg, oil, yogurt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and then pour the wet ingredients into the hole.
- Gently fold everything until combined.
- Divide batter evenly into donut pan (I used cupcake pan here) and bake for 10 minutes until nice golden brown.
- Let it cool down. Fill it with nutella and dip into icing sugar.