- 1 pack (250g) mascarpone cheese
- 1 can (400g) condensed milk
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) milk
- a pinch of vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) ready to drink coffee
- 1 pack lady fingers (I used sponge cake)
- cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, mix mascarpone cheese and condensed milk until incorporated with hand whisk.
- Add milk, cream and a pinch of vanilla powder. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into ice cream machine.
- Around 5 minutes before your ice cream done, prepare a bread pan and place some plastic wrap in it (enough to cover all the surface inside the pan). The plastic is to make it easier for you to take the ice cream cake out from the pan when you want to serve it.
- Pour the coffee into a bowl. Gently soak lady fingers in the coffee and place them at the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle some cocoa powder.
- Divide the ice cream into 3 parts. Spread 1/3 of cream on top of lady fingers evenly (so you won’t have uneven layers like mine :D)
- Repeat the process (from soaking lady fingers).
- Let it set in freezer at least 4 hours before taking it out.
- To serve, flip the pan on to a long plate, pull the plastic on the sides. If its too hard, you can dip the bottom of the pan into a hot water for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Lastly, sprinkle some more cocoa powder on top.