A very short post today.
This is another proof that I’m a lazy cook.
Actually I wanted to make risoles when I made the filling for this croquette. But since I was too lazy to make the wrap, I decided to mash all the potatoes and made them into potato croquettes instead.
The filling is exactly the same like risoles filling (without potatoes) you can double the meat too if you like.
- 1 kg potatoes, mashed
- risoles filling
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Divide the potatoes into 6 to 8 equal pieces (or depending on how big you want).
- Form each piece into a ball, flatten it then place some filling in the middle of the potato.
- Carefully cover the filling with mashed potato and form into a long cylinder. Set aside.
- Repeat the process. Let the croquettes rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare flour, egg and breadcrumb for coating.
- Take 1 potato cylinder and roll onto the flour then the egg then breadcrumb. (If the breadcrumb doesn’t stick properly to the potato you can dip it back to the egg wash and then breadcrumb again.)
- Repeat the process.
- To cook: deep fry it in 170°C for 5 to 7 minutes with medium heat.