Another short post here. The weather hasn’t been very nice lately. Heavy rain+wind and then very hot then rain again and then hot again. My daughter is getting sick again. Me too 😦
In this kind of weather is perfect to stay home and do some baking for snacks or fika (says the Swedes). I made two different flavours. Braided Almond Bread and Almond Cinnamon roll with Orange Icing. They both very easy to make.
For the bread recipe you can jump to this post.
- 200g blanched almond
- 200g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp milk
- sliced almond
- Place almond and 100g icing sugar in a food processor. Blitz until the almond is very fine. And then add the rest of icing sugar. Pulse until everything is well combined.
- Add egg white and pulse a bit more until it become a lump.
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp cream into food processor until the lump become a nice smooth paste.
- (To be honest, I don’t remember how much cream I put in it, so just start from 1 tbsp, you don’t want to runny paste)
- The filling is now ready for the bread.
- Before you bake the bread, brush with egg yolk and milk mixture and sprinkle some sliced almond on top. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in 180°C.
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp ground almond
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp orange juice
- Mix cinnamon, sugar and ground almond in a bowl. Set aside.
- Flatten the dough into one large rectangular (square works too), spread a thin layer of butter.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture on the dough evenly.
- Let the dough rest for at least 45 minutes or double in size. Bake. Meanwhile, mix icing sugar and orange juice until it becomes thick paste but runny enough to pour.
- Once it’s baked and still warm, pour the icing all over the rolls.