Before you ask me, I’ll say it first :p
I have NO freaking idea why this called fork cookies. But I think it’s pretty obvious name. Because you have to press the cookies with fork! That’s why they call this fork cookies! What a very clever idea
(not). Sigh, honestly, couldn’t they think of more interesting name for this super nice cookies???! Poor cookies… 😦
Anyway, despite the lame name :p these cookies are super easy and very nice too. Another jackpot recipe from my husband’s grandma. She always have lots of nice recipes every time I visit her. Cookies, dessert, snacks, even main dishes. Everything I ate there, I always want to recreate it again at home. I like her a lot too. She’s really sweet and cute (not very many cute old people, eh? :p)
It took less than 30 minutes to make this. From mixing to baked. Trust me! Very easy.
- 250 grams butter
- 90g caster sugar
- 280g all purpose flour
- 70g potato flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C.
- Mix all ingredients in a standing mixer (if you don’t have one, just use hands).
- Form small balls and put them on the baking tray. Put them around 5 cm away from each other.
- Press the ball with a fork, until it leaves 3 lines mark.
- Put it in the oven, bakes for 10 minutes.
Easy peasy 🙂