For these two different cookies, I use the same recipe and split it in half.
Snow ball cookie is one of my favourite cookies (husband too), my mum made it a lot when I was little. Usually for Eid celebration. I know that this is very similar too Italian cookie too (I forgot the name). As the wafer cookie, my aunty always make it for Eid too, and I find it quite addicting.
I like them a lot because the dough isn’t very sweet. That’s why we added icing sugar for snow ball and wafer for wafer cookie (very creative name, yes) 😛
Snow Ball & Wafer Cookies
- 300g butter
- 375g all purpose flour
- 90g icing sugar
- 45g corn flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 30g powdered milk
- 100g chopped almond
- icing sugar
- 200g wafer
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Using a hand mixer, beat butter until soft and fluffy. Add egg yolks. Mix again.
- Lastly add flour and powdered milk. Mix well by hand. Split the dough into two.
- For snow ball: Mix the dough with chopped nuts by hand. Shape the dough into small balls and place it on to the baking tray. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. When it’s cool, put it into a bowl of icing sugar.
- For wafer cookie: Take a little bit of the dough, shape into a cylinder and flatten it a bit (by hands). Take a piece of wafer and place it in the middle. Wrap the wafer with the dough. If it’s a long wafer then you have to cut it before putting it on to the baking tray. Bake for about 10 minutes.