Just in time before Valentine, even thought I don’t celebrate it but this post might fit for the day. Something chocolate-ey with a hint of cream cheese.
Brownie is something I always make when I feel like baking and eating sweets but too lazy too make something so complicated. And this was the time when I have something I need to use ASAP. Cream cheese. Too little to make something that use cream cheese as the basic ingredient. So then I was browsing again until I found this recipe. I only make ½ of the original recipe. Aaaaand I had to reduce the cream cheese again. As I only have around 150g cream cheese left. That’s why the brownies look a bit weird compare to the original one 😀
Next time, I’ll make proper one and update this post again. Pinky promise 🙂
Cheesy Chocolate Brownies
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 90g butter, room temperature
- 200g (1cup) caster sugar
- 3 medium / large eggs
- 47g (around 1/3 cup) all purpose flour
- 250g cream cheese
- a pinch of salt & vanilla powder
- Prepare a baking pan 20 x 20cm. Brush with some oil / butter / baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, using electric hand mixer, whisk butter and ¾ of caster sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add in 2 eggs, whisk until incorporated. Add melted chocolate and mix well. And add flour and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the chocolate brownie mixture into the baking pan (just leave a little bit for the top).
- Whisk cream cheese and the rest of the sugar until incorporated. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the white mixture on to the chocolate mixture evenly. Swirl the white mixture a little bit using spoon or skewer.
- Pour the rest of the chocolate mixture on top as evenly as possible.
- Bake for around 25 to 35 minutes in 180°C or until the skewer insert come out clean.
The result is a very moist brownies. Very chocolate-ey but you can also taste the cream cheese there. Yummeeeeh!!! For someone who doesn’t like chocolate very much (like me) this is definitely one of brownie recipe that you have to try.
Btw, I will soon have a special post here. Something I got compliment at a lot. The food photos. So look forward to that 😉