Another post from Happy Together. And yes, I know what you’re thinking about. I was thinking the same thing when I saw this recipe on the show for the first time I was like.. Are you kidding me? Making a proper meal in the middle of the night? And the reaction from the people in the show was like “wow”, “amazing”, “look tasty”. Well, I have to agree on the “look tasty” comment. But I have to say no to this as a late night snack.
Spanish Omelette / Tortilla
- 3 or 4 medium size potatoes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 small paprika (bell pepper), sliced
- grated cheese
- butter / oil
- salt & pepper
- Slice all the potatoes very thing using a peeler. Set aside.
- Preheat a non-stick pan. Add 1 tsp of butter and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Place sliced potatoes in the pan. Spread evenly.
- Add sliced bell pepper on top of the potato.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Pour the beaten egg all over the potato and cover the pan with the lid. Cook over low-medium heat.
- When the bottom is slightly brown, flip it over and cook until the other side is slightly brown too.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese. Serve warm.
- Serve with mayonnaise, tabasco, chopped parsley and nachos crumbs for the toppings.
Even though this is a vegetarian meal, but it doesn’t taste like one. It tasted good and of course you can add some meat in it if you want. I’d suggest smoked meat, salami or sausage. Something quick to cook. Also since I never have mayonnaise at home, I use mustard and ketchup and sliced spring onion for the topping. And it was good too😉
Just like I mentioned before. This would make a great dinner with some salad as a side. But a big no-no for late night snack (at least for me).