Hi, it’s me again! (Whoaaa, I can’t believe this, I’m posting something new again only after a week!)
Today I want to share a fancy yet very simple cake to make. This is one of Swedish signature cake. Usually served during birthdays or other special occasions. And I like this cake a lot.
This is only the second time I made this since I’m married to the sexy Swedish guy aka my husband. But I think it looked much better than the first one. For comparison I’ll show you the first one I made. Please don’t pay attention to the rose. It was my first time trying out fondant rose and didn’t have any equipment. Only rolling pin and my hands 😀
If you have IKEA or been there before, I’m sure you have seen this cake (or maybe even tried it?). It does look fancy with so many layers in it, but it’s actually very easy to make. Even when you don’t feel like making a single thing for the cake, you can buy everything ready and the assemble it. That easy.
Swedish Princess Cake
To make this cake you’ll need:
- Marzipan (the common colour is green, but for my daughter I picked pink)
- Vanilla custard
- Whipped cream
- Sponge cake (round 20cm)
- Raspberry jam (good quality)
- Roses for decoration (optional)
- Icing sugar for decoration
- Divide the cake into 2 thick layers and 1 thin. Set aside.
- Take 1 thick cake, put it on the cake stand (or plate, or whatever you have), spread some raspberry jam evenly.
- Take another thick cake layer and put on top.
- Spread the custard all over the surface evenly.
- Take the last piece of thin cake layer and put on top of the custard.
- Cover the side of the cake with whipped cream (thinly, just to stick the marzipan to the cake) as well as the top and try to shape it like a dome.
- Lastly take your rolled marzipan and cover the whole cake.
- Decorate with sugar roses and icing sugar.
For the inside look, I’ve taken the photo my self with my phone (again). Just to show you how it looks like inside.
Until next time 🙂