A short post today.
Before we talk about the post, I want to say happy new year to all of you! I know it’s late but better than nothing. And also this is my very first post for this year. Hopefully it’ll be a good year 🙂 (I know it will, at least for us, because our additional family member will be here next month!)
Now about the recipe 😉 If you’re following my instagram, you must have seen this cake in my instagram. I was craving for them and luckily I still have a little bit of black glutinous rice flour and enough to make 1/2 of the recipe.
Glutinous rice is a sticky rice, read more here. The white one doesn’t taste much, the black one however has a signature taste (in a good way). You can also use the white glutinous rice flour to make this cake if you can’t find the black ones. And it’s gluten free too 😉
In this post, I also include the Indonesian version of the recipe.
FYI, I took the photos my self, in case you’re wondering why is it not as good as usual. Definitely have no skill what so ever in photography 😦
Black Glutinous Rice Steamed Cake
- 4 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 125g black glutinous rice flour
- 100ml vegetable oil
- Preheat the steamer and prepare the baking tin (16cm round).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add flour little by little while mixing it using a spatula.
- And then add oil and gently mix well.
- Pour the batter into the tin and steam for about 30 minutes.
Bolu Kukus Ketan Hitam
- 4 butir telur
- 100g gula pasir
- 125g tepung ketan hitam
- 100ml minyak sayur
- Panaskan kukusan dan siapkan cetakan atau loyang yang akan dipakai.
- Kocok telur bersama dengan gula pasir sampai kental berjejak.
- Masukkan tepung ketan hitam sedikit demi sedikit sambil diaduk dengan spatula.
- Terakhir, masukkan minyak sayur dan aduk balik menggunakan spatula sampai semua bahan tercampur merata.
- Tuang adonan ke dalam loyang / cetakan.
- Kukus selama kurang lebih 30 menit (kalau menggunakan loyang) atau 10 menit (kalau menggunakan cetakan kecil.