Wow, I can’t believe I’ve been gone for so long. Been more than 3 months since my last post. If you didn’t know yet, I’ve just had another baby girl back in February. And ever since she’s my first priority, the rest can wait. Well, more like because I’m awake most of the nights (I’m a light sleeper and often can’t go back to sleep right away after feeding session) and that cause me to feel tired constantly and my days just feel shorter. Don’t talk about baking and trying out new recipes, I don’t even have enough energy or mood to make dinner everyday. We definitely eat take away or ready food a lot since I was pregnant last year. Not fun at all. Expensive and unhealthy.
It doesn’t stop there. Even if I did try new recipes, took photos, edited and ready to be posted. It still take me ages to be able to really sit and write. Psst, as an exception, I’m writing this at 4 in the morning after feeding my baby while laying in the bed, my poor eyes… (*Ignore the random ranting).
Anyway, I’ve spent a lot of my “free” time in the night by pinteresting and I’ve pinned a loooot of stuffs. Including veggie crust pizza. The original recipe use zucchini (courgette) for the base, but since I’m losing tons of hair now I used broccoli instead. Which contain lots of iron and good for the hair, before I found out nothing I can do to keep them from falling (talk about postpartum *sigh*).
I must say I was pretty impressed with my self when I made this. Not only because I’ve been super lazy and often think cooking is annoying lately but also because I made the recipe up my self (again) and even write down all the ingredients. Ha! *proud*
Before I’m falling asleep in the middle of writing this post (yes, I’m good at falling asleep too, ask my husband if you don’t believe me 😛 ) let’s check out the recipe, shall we?
Broccoli Crust Pizza
- 750g broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- bolognese sauce
- fresh basil leaves
- Cut the broccoli including the stalk into small pieces. Wash broccoli and place it in the food processor. Press the pulse button a few times or until the broccoli is coarsely ground. Set aside.
- In another bowl, crack eggs. Add garlic powder, salt and ground pepper. Beat a little bit.
- Add all purpose flour and mix everything well (until no flour lumps).
- Add broccoli, mix well. Divide the broccoli mixture into 2 equal amount.
- In a preheated pan (26cm), add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp oil. Add broccoli mixture and flatten it.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on a medium heat or until the bottom started to brown a little bit. Flip to the other side and cook for 2 minutes.
- Prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper / pizza pan. Place the crust and put any topping you like.
- Since the crust is cooked and I used bolognese sauce, all I need to do was to melt the cheese in the oven. And it’s done.
- Serve hot.
Just a little note. I’m using non stick pizza pan for this pizza, and it was a failure still. The crust stick to the pan real good. Literally. So to avoid the same mistake as I did, I recommend you to cook the crust a little bit in a pan, until the bottom is slightly brown and cooked. And then you can top it with anything you want. Don’t forget the baking paper too before putting it on the tray and into the oven. I’m hoping that’ll do the trick.
Now if you excuse me, I’ll try to get a little bit more sleep here. Good morning 😉